Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chick-Fil-A


Seeing that I have read 3 blog posts on Chick-Fil-A in the past week, I have decided to write one of my own... only differently. This one is from my perspective.

Living in Montana is great. Although I don't think I enjoy it enough to be here for the rest of my life, God has decided, in His infinite wisdom, to place me here for now. It is the will of God that I be in Montana.

Now, saying this, understand that there are no Chick-fil-a's in Montana.

That means that in 147,046 square miles there is no glorious chicken sandwiches to be found! In the 4th largest state in the Union, there is not enough of a market to coax them into building a store here.

I just graduated college from a small Christian institution here and many of the staff, being retired Southerners or pastors who traveled to the South for seminary, agreed with my position. They decided to write a letter to the corporation requesting the rights to build a store here. In this letter, they assured that there would be employees for staffing the establishment by offering up the students from the workstudy program!

All of this, however, did not convince Chick-Fil-A of the great advantage of putting a restaurant in Montana. Soon afterwards we received a letter notifying us that Montana was not within their target range of expansion.

My reaction to all of this is, firstly, humor (My college requested a Chick-Fil-A!)and secondly, sadness. I will have to wait longingly for the opportunity of traveling South in order to taste that delectable food again.

I hope that anyone within driving distance considers their proximity to Chick-Fil-A a blessing and thanks God for it. I know I would like that sort of blessing.

I am wanting some waffle fries now...

iblevngod

P.S. The closest Sonic is in Wyoming and we have no Long John Silver's but that's another story.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I take a yearly trip to AZ to visit my family. It is there that I have to satisfy my hunger for all things Sonic, Chick-fil-a and any sort of REAL mexican food. I usually come home 10 pounds heavier. :)

    ReplyDelete